Wednesday, April 23, 2008
A year in review
To be honest i didnt really do anything this year that changed my life but if i have to pick something that affected my life ill pick my trip to Washington D.C. I went there over spring break with family. We visited most of the historical buildings and the monuments such as, washington monument, white house, capitol, WW2 memorial, jefferson monuments and so on... We spent the majority of the time looking at the smithsonian museums. It was significant because i learned a lot about the history of the US and the holocaust museum really changed my life. I spent about six hours just in the holocaust museum. I learned a little bit about the holocaust in school but that was nothing compared to what i learned there. For example in school they talk about the gas chambers where they kill tons of people but you dont really realize how bad it is untill you see an actual video of the people dying in gas chambers. I will remember what i saw in the holocaust museum for the rest of my life and I hope nothing like that ever happens again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Nice post nice post. Its sweet that you went to wasington d.c. and saw the videos but... doesn't that stuff come on the history channel a lot?
I went to D.C. once but I never went to the holocaust museum. I never new they actually had videos of the people being killed. Anyway pretty good post.
yeah, when i went there over the summer my family and i went to a few of the museums. they were pretty interesting and its cool how you were interested and impacted by what i you saw.
good post :)
isn't it amazing how much you can learn in a few hours in D.C.? I had a similar experience as a senior in high school. the holocaust museum is astonishing. Every single American should visit the monuments and museum in DC. you can learn more in a week that you can in an entire 10 years of social studies!
That's unbelievable that they have a video of the gas chambers. I'm a little curious on whether or not it is just a simulation or is it an actual video from one of the German genocide camps. But anyway, that is interesting how you learned so much about our country. Well done post.
I remember going to D.C. a couple of years ago, it was a really cool experience. I however, didn't get the chance to go to the holocaust museum but I now wish that I would have. Cool post.
Post a Comment