Monday, March 3, 2008

God Particle

I didnt understand much but i did understand the stuff about atoms. I kind of understand how it particle accelarator works, basically two beams are sent at each other almost at the speed of light, then when they hit they create energy and particles, possibly new particles. I think its good that we are spending money on something like this, because how else would we learn these things and this could lead to other advances in science and technology. I hope that scientists can find out more about the God particle becuase it seems like its everywhere and if we learn more about it, it would help us learn even more about how everything was created. Quarks and Gluons look pretty confusing so im not sure if you should of taught us about them, but its always good to learn new things.

2 comments:

Smeber said...

Yeah. I said that i basically only knew about the atom stuff in the article too. I didn't think the quarks things looked to complicate and i sorta wanted to learn about them. I didn't really choose a side on whether or not we should be spending money on this but i did say it could be a good thing because it could lead to more technological discoveries. So our posts were pretty similar.

Anonymous said...

I think its cool that you think that we should be spending money on this project. It is really a step out from what most people are saying and implying.