This is some background info that doesnt support the idea of global warming. Over the last 30 years the average temperatures are not what the greenhouse models predicted but they are the same as solar variability predictions. Dr. David H. Douglas said that human contribution and CO2 are only a neglible contribution to global warming. Dr. Fred Singer said the current warming trend is part of a natural cycle of warming and cooling. El nino and La nina are said to have raised greenhouse gases.
This is some background info that does support the idea of global warming. According to NOAA and NASA the tempature has risen 1.2f to 1.4f in the last 100 years. Eleven of the last twelve years are the warmest years on record. Carbon monoxide emmisions have raised 20% from 1990 to 2004. CO2 concentrations increased from about 280 ppm in pre-industrial to 382 ppm in 2006 accoring to NOAA.
Now for my view on global warming. I think the earth is warming up right now but i dont think its a problem. There is a lot of info supporting the idea that the earth is warming. Such as the global average for sea level rise in the 20th century is 4.4 to 8.8 inches. Even though i do believe the earth is warming i dont believe its a problem. I think global warming and global cooling are just cycles. In the 1930s it was global warming, in 1960s it was global cooling, in 2000 its global warming again. I dont think that global warming is caused by human emitions, so i dont think people should be using there time and money on it.
This picture explains the greenhouse effect. Click on the picture if you want to make it bigger.
4 comments:
Rob, I like how you identified both sides of the issue, even though you admittedly only got a small piece. I sort of get from the tone of your writing that you are very matter of fact and almost annoyed by the question? Am I reading it right? If so, why? I don't think most people will take such an objective look at global warming.
Yes, i am annoyed by global warming. I dont think we should be worried about it. Now if global warming continues for about 40 more years then ill believe in it, but until then i think its just cycles the earth goes through.
Thanks for the info. Helped me out with me editing my blog. I too think global warming isn't really a problem and is more of a natural occurence and like you I won't really care about it until maybe the year it stops snowing in minnesota and the temperatures don't go below fifty degrees.
i like that you mentioned that you think the earth is warming up right now but its not really a problem and how you explained that a little more. I also liked when you said, "I think global warming and global cooling are just cycles. In the 1930s it was global warming, in 1960s it was global cooling, in 2000 its global warming again. I dont think that global warming is caused by human emitions..." i also support what becca said which makes sense next to what you said, "...global warming is just a part of the earth's natural phases. If you think about it how did the ice age happen and then melt if it wasn't just part of the earth's phases." i suggest reading the rest of her post and kyles since he said, "Overall, I think global warming is just part of a natural cycle...".
Post a Comment